thanks Rupert
yes absolutely … and trying to get some Collection Management Systems to automatically record Previous Reference for changes is a bane of my life.
We need a way of telling onward systems of these Deletes and Moves; and when the museum gets a new Collections Management System with a whole new set of
meaningless numbers we need a way of saying ‘old meaningless number’ -> ‘new meaningless number’ too

James

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg