Hi Janet, I’m not sure if this will help in regards to how many and what type of hits you will get but you could try using the phrases “primary diagnosis” (of cerebral palsy) and “principal diagnosis” (of respiratory disease, and all your relevant synonyms) As I understand it, primary diagnosis is the term used to describe the condition actually causing a problem, and principal diagnosis the condition treated or diagnosed at the point of care.

Having said that you might want to double check that I’ve got them the correct way round!!

Regards

Derick Yates

EBP Tutor

Library and Knowledge Service – Birmingham Women’s Hospital

Birmingham Women’s and Children’s NHS Foundation Trust

Ext. 6654 | 0121 623 6654

Visit our website to find out more about our new Trust: bwc.nhs.uk