Imagine a World where Every Librarian Added One More Reference to Wikipedia

Ever wanted to learn how to edit Wikipedia? We are hosting a free editathon at the University of Huddersfield, on Saturday 3rd February 2018, to celebrate Wikipedia’s #1Lib1Ref campaign.

#1Lib1Ref (One Librarian, One Reference) runs throughout January and early February, and aims to encourage all librarians and library workers to improve Wikipedia by adding references to pages that need them.

As librarians, we are experts in finding out information: let's use our power for good, and make Wikipedia a better, more reliable place, one citation at a time!

At this editathon, we will teach you the basics of editing Wikipedia, show you how to find articles in need of a librarian's attention, and how to add reliable citations.

This is a free event, but places are limited due to space. Please register on Eventbrite:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/huddersfield-1lib1ref-wikipedia-editathon-tickets-41214257955

Laura Woods MSc MCLIP

Subject Librarian, Computing and Engineering

T 01484 472700

[log in to unmask]    www.hud.ac.uk

Computing and Library Services

University of Huddersfield | Queensgate | Huddersfield | HD1 3DH

University of Huddersfield inspiring tomorrow's professionals.