Hi everyone

We are looking at formalising our offering for School's who wish to visit our university, for students to get experience of an HE library or to help them with EPQs and A levels etc.

Would anyone be willing to share what their offering is for Schools, for example, what do you offer to the students, do you only offer visits at particularly times or year and also whether you have anything in place regarding risk assessments whilst the students are in the library and whether library staff need to be DBS checked etc.

I am happy to compile responses for the list.

Many thanks
Jenny

Jenny Coombs, BA, MA, MCLIP, FHEA
Academic Team Manager (Faculty Liaison), Directorate of Library and Learning Services

DE MONTFORT UNIVERSITY
Leicester LE1 9BH
T. +44 (0) 116 207 8041
W. library.dmu.ac.uk
Latest article: Coombs, J., Thomas, M., Rush, N. and Martin, E. (2017) A Community of Practice Approach to Delivering Research Support Services in a Post-92 Higher Education Institution: A Reflective Case Study. New Review of Academic Librarianship. Available at: http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/snNzvfBZDwuPyMgdeV3m/full
[TEF email signature footer]