Dear Colleagues,

Jisc in partnership with Reveal Digital have extended the early availability to UK HEIs of these, often rare, periodicals to the end of 2017. The publications feature material form many significant underground, alternative and radical presses. We have extended the deadline for uptake of this offer to the end of January 2018.

Reveal Digital’s Independent Voices already comprises over 15,000 issues of 21st C US periodicals produced by feminists, dissident GIs, campus radicals and the New Left, Native Americans, anti-war activists, Black Power advocates, Hispanics, LGBTs, the extreme right-wing press and alternative literary magazines. This initiative is based on a “library crowdfunding” cost recovery-open access model to support digitisation of collections. We will now digitise similar UK publications.

How to get involved

Libraries have an opportunity to purchase the Jisc-negotiated offer which provides exclusive access to the US content until January 2019, at which time the entire collection will be made open.

We've negotiated particularly favourable one-off fees for UK institutions to enable as many as possible to partake in this initiative and access the US collections. 50% of the amount contributed by UK libraries will go towards digitisation of UK materials.

If you'd like to purchase Independent Voices, visit the Jisc Collections website for pricing information and further details.

Kind regards,

Peter Findlay

cid:image004.png@01CF3D22.62F29080

Peter Findlay
digital portfolio manager

T 0203 006 6065
M 07468722261
Skype Findlp1
Twitter PFindlay_500
Brettenham House (South Entrance), 5 Lancaster Place, London, WC2E 7EN

jisc.ac.uk

Jisc is a registered charity (number 1149740) and a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. 5747339, VAT No. GB 882 5529 90. Jisc’s registered office is: One Castlepark, Tower Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800. jisc.ac.uk