Hi all,

Thanks for your patience!

I have now compiled the results of the quick survey re: bibliometrics-based research assessment tools (e.g. SciVal, InCites etc.) that we ran:

1.       Question 1

Does your institution currently use a bibliometrics-based research assessment tool (e.g. SciVal, InCites etc.)?

Yes - 94.74% (18)

No - 5.26% (1)

TOTAL   19

2.       Question 2

If so, which bibliometrics-based research assessment tool does your institution use?

SciVal - 50.00% (9)

InCites - 33.33% (6)

                Not applicable (we don't have one of these tools) - 0.00% (0)

We use a different tool (please specify) - 16.67% (3)

"CWTS Monitor"

"We use both SciVal and Incites (no option to check both)"

"Chronos for our Gates funded research"

TOTAL   18

3.       Question 3

On a scale of 1-5, please rate how important you think your bibliometrics-based research assessment tool is to supporting research at your institution (5 = vitally important, 1 = not important at all)

5 - 38.89% (7)

4 - 33.33% (6)

3 - 22.22% (4)

2 - 5.56% (1)

1 - 0.00% (0)

Not applicable (we don't have one of these tools) - 0.00% (0)

TOTAL   18

Thanks again to everyone who took part – much appreciated!

David.

cid:image005.png@01D348E2.378A5DE0

cid:image007.png@01D348E2.378A5DE0

David Jenkins | Research Support Librarian

Library Services, Learning and Teaching Innovation

The Open University, Level 1, Betty Boothroyd Library, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA
Tel: +44 (0) 1908 653435

cid:image009.png@01D348E2.378A5DE0

-- The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302). The Open University is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to its secondary activity of credit broking. lis-e-resources is a UKSG list - http://www.uksg.org UKSG groups also available on Facebook and LinkedIn Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/UKSG