HCLU Bulletin - Issue 258 - 6 December 2017

This e-mail contains graphics, if you don't see them »view it online.

mail
          HCLU Northern logo 2016 NHS logo
  HCLU Bulletin - Issue 258 - 6 December 2017

Network/HCLU News

HCLU Christmas Jumpers Competition: As we are now in December and the festive season fast approaches we would like to invite our LKS colleagues to participate in a Christmas Jumper competition To enter please photograph members of your library team enrobed in festive splendour. These can tweeted to @HCLU2012 using #LKSJumpers or submitted via e-mail to [log in to unmask] if you don't have a twitter account. The rules (developed in consultation with library managers)

  1. Smile - it's nearly Christmas
  2. Pictures to be taken in the library or workplace not at home
  3. Team entries preferred but individual/multiple entries are acceptable for dispersed or small teams
  4. Team managers/leads should participate too!!!
  5. Judging is entirely at the discretion of HCLU and will take palce w/c 18 December 2017

The HLCU team attempt is attached and will be tweeted presently to get the ball rolling

Christmas issue of LIHNNK Up: We are hoping to produce a bumper Christmas issue of LIHNNK Up. We’re up to 22 pages now but have still got room for a few more pages to make it up to a nice round 24. So we’ve extended the deadline for the next issue to Friday morning – if you’d like to send in a contribution you can either send it straight to [log in to unmask] or email [log in to unmask]

Knolwedge Management Advent – Door 3: Before Action Review #KMAdvent17

Knowledge Management Advent – Door 2: Knowledge Cafes and Espresso Cafes #KMAdvent17

Knowledge Management Advent – Door 1: Randomized Coffee Trials #KMAdvent17

YOHHLNet Committee Minutes November 2017

Knowledge for Healthcare

Briefing points from the November 2017 LKSL meeting

New Post on Blog: Report from CILIP Privacy Briefing: Things to know and do

New Post on Blog: STEP e-learning modules now available!

New Post on Blog: Professional Knowledge Skills Base for Health – a reminder

Health Information Week 2017 – capturing your experience: Were you involved in Health Information Week 2017? Want to help shape future HIW campaigns? We would like to know more about your 2017 experience to feed into a national project that aims to identify best practice and develop a toolkit to support HIW in 2018 and beyond.

To take part, please complete this online survey https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/HIW17 The deadline for completion is Friday 15th December 2017.

NB: During the survey you will be given the opportunity to upload a HIW photo, marketing materials and/or provide a link to a social media page or blog. You might like to have these to hand prior to completing the survey.

HLISD is being redeveloped: Before going into redevelopment we would like to ensure that the database is clean. As only updated entries will be transferred over, entries which have not been updated in 2017 will be deleted in the first week of January 2018. Even if your data is correct, you must pass the entry through the updating system. To do this if you are an editor and have access rights for updating the login is http://www.hlisd.org/Login.aspx You will then be asked for your user name and password. Notes and FAQs for editors are online once you have logged in. Please make sure you approve your entry once you have sent in for approval so that it will go live and the record verified field will be updated. If you are not an editor and don’t know who is or you have any other queriesplease let me know. Julie Ryder, Coordinating Editor, HLISD - [log in to unmask]

Northern Events

Now Open to all Northern Network members - In response to a requirement identified on the LKS Development Needs Analysis, YOHHLNet has arranged a Paraprofessional Study Day focusing on enhancing search skills. The days will be led by two of our senior library managers who have much experience of both literature searching and information skills ​​training.  It will be a practical session taking place within an IT suite to provide the opportunity for hands-on searching. If you are interested please consult with your line manager and save the date. The day will be held twice to cater for paraprofessional staff in different areas of the region.

HLN/NELL Events

Bookings now open for the NELL meeting - 14 December 2017 - Royal Station Hotel, Newcastle

Two provisional NELL dates for your diaries for next year March 20th and September 11th

LIHNN Events

Save the date - LIHNN Getting the Most out of a Conference - everything from networking to presenting with Lisa Jeskins - 25 January 2018 - venue tbc

YOHHLNet Events

Bookings are now open for a Metrics and Statistics Study Day. This will be held at HEE, Leeds, on Tuesday 30th January 2018

General Training and Development

Call for applications: EAHIL-EBSCO scholarships: The application form can be found on https://www.formdesk.com/eahil/EAHIL-EBSCO-scholarship2018 where your username as a registered visitor will be Madeleine Still. In case you cannot access the webform, there is a version in Word available from http://eahil.eu/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/EAHIL-EBSCO-Scholarship-application-form.docx. Applications using this Word form must be submitted by email to the EAHIL Board [log in to unmask] with the subject line "2018 EAHIL-EBSCO application form".

#ukmedlibs Christmas quiz, Tuesday 19th December: Librarians love nothing more than a quiz, so #ukmedlibs present our first-ever Christmas Twitter quiz, with quiz mistress @hollington. At 8 pm on Tuesday 19th December we’ll unleash a series of questions, one by one, and invite you to submit your answers. The person with the most correct answers will win a prize, generously donated by Wolters Kluwer. For once, therefore, we won’t post the questions for the chat in advance.

CILIP

2017 in review and a look ahead

HLG Call for abstracts

Fed-IP Stakeholder Update: November

Resources

North Grey Literature Collectionh - Integrated Care

List of alternative resources for finding good practice or improvement initiatives in the NHS

MyILIbrary Titles transferring to EBook Central

Knowledge@lerts for Commissioners 5 December 2017 Commissioners 5 December 2017

Newsletters, Briefings, Reports, Articles and Guidance

Accountable care organisations (ACOs) explained

eWIN Update - November 2017

New post on NLPN - NLPNinfo : write up

[PIF] Aware: 1 December 2017-Health literacy; Questions to ask; Suicide prevention app; Men’s Health; Digital; Patient involvement; Co-production

TRUSTECH Innovation Pulse - December 2017

Greater Manchester trusts come together to form £1.3bn healthcare organisation

Mind Tools Newsletter 504: Working With Irritating People!

Forthcoming Meetings and Events

12 December 2017 - YOHHLNet Christmas Study Day - Leeds

13 December 2017 - LIHNN Library Assistants Study Day - Thinking Differently and Building Confidence - Manchester

14 December 2017 - NELL Library Managers Meeting - Newcastle

11 January 2018 - YOHHLNet Paraprofessional Study Days on Searching Skills- Sheffield

16 January 2018 - YOHHLNet Paraprofessional Study Days on Searching Skills - Leeds

17 January 2018 - YOHHLNet Library Manager and Leads Meeting - Sheffield

18 January 2018 - LIHNN Library Assistants Study Day - Thinking Differently and Building Confidence - Lancaster

25 January 2018 - LIHNN Getting the Most out of a Conference - everything from networking to presenting - tbc

30 January 2018 - YOHHLNet Metrics and Statistics Study Day - Leeds

6 March 2018 - LIHNN Library Managers - tbc

15 May 2018 - YOHHLNet Library Manager and Leads Meeting - Hull / York

27 September 2018 - YOHHLNet Library Manager and Leads Meeting - Leeds

Need a lift to a LIHNN/HCLU event?
We have a list of colleagues in the NW (list was updated in May 2016) who are willing to provide a lift to LIHNN/HCLU events. If you would like to be added to this list please contact Gil Young

HCLU Team Details

Back to Top

--
- message