Från: Scholarly discussions in any field of Italian studies [mailto:[log in to unmask]] För Jim Carter
Skickat: den 1 december 2017 14:47
Till: [log in to unmask]
Ämne: [I-S] CfP AAIS 2018: Italian Industrial Culture(s) Across Media

Dear Colleagues,

Please consider submitting an abstract for the following session at the upcoming AAIS conference in Sorrento, 14-17 June 2018.

ITALIAN INDUSTRIAL CULTURE(S) ACROSS MEDIA

This session invites contributions on any aspect of industrial culture in modern Italy. The relationship between industry and culture has been heavily theorized, from early cinema to futurism to the economic boom and beyond. On the one hand, industry has been accused of corrupting culture, while on the other hand it has been celebrated as a new material basis for cultural production. Industrial culture remains embedded in contemporary society, while its expulsion, through delocalization and abandonment, amplifies the tensions at the heart of new ideologies like “Make America Great Again”. This session intends to explore Italian industrial culture(s) across media, including fine arts, music, theater, literature, cinema and design.

Please send a 200-300 word abstract, a brief bibliographical note and any requests for audiovisual equipment to Jim Carter at [log in to unmask] by December 30th.

 Organizers: Jim Carter & Daniele Forlino

Chair: Jim Carter

Affiliation: University of Michigan (Carter), Southern Methodist University (Forlino)

--

Jim Carter - PhD Candidate; Italian

University of Michigan

Romance Languages and Literatures

4015 Modern Languages Building

812 East Washington Street

Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1275

********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: subscribe italian-studies YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: unsubscribe italian-studies to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/italian-studies