Clear Mapping Co are running several GIS courses at University of Southampton, supported by the Administrative Data Research Centre for England (ADRC-E).

The day courses can be booked individually – you can select one or all of the courses.

Introduction to QGIS: Understanding and Presenting Spatial Data - http://bit.ly/2zIoKGs
Mon 15th Jan 2018

This course will introduce spatial data and show you how to import and display spatial data with the free open source GIS program QGIS. We will also show you how to create choropleth maps and explain appropriate methods of visualising spatial data. We will also cover some basic spatial data analysis (e.g. calculating rates).

Introduction to Spatial Data & Using R as a GIS - http://bit.ly/2zIoKGs
Tue 16th Jan 2018

The course will cover an introduction to R, how to load and manage spatial data and how to create maps using R and RStudio. We will show you appropriate ways of using classifications for choropleth maps, using loops in R to create multiple maps and some basic spatial analysis.

Confident Spatial Analysis and Statistics in R & GeoDa - http://bit.ly/2zIoKGs
Wed 17th Jan 2018

This course will cover how to prepare and analyse spatial data in RStudio & GeoDa. We will use RStudio to perform spatial overlay techniques (such as union, intersection and buffers) to combine different spatial data layers to support a spatial analysis decision. We will also use RStudio and GeoDa to explore a range of different spatial analyses including Moran’s I and clustering.

If you like further information about any of the courses, please email n[log in to unmask] or call 01326 337072.

We’ll keep you updated on dates for future GIS courses in 2018, the details of which can also be found on our website.

Have a wonderful Christmas!
Best wishes,
Nick