Dear all,

We invite contributions to our sessions to this coming NEGSA in beautiful Burlington, VT. All who have research that would be a good fit to our session please submit an abstract!
We have two very interesting tectonic/petrology related sessions coming up:

T29. Petrologic Insights on Modern and Ancient Plate Margins I: The Volcanic and Plutonic Record.
Sara Mana, Salem State University, [log in to unmask]; Emily Peterman, Bowdoin College, [log in to unmask]; Alicia M. Cruz-Uribe, University of Maine; [log in to unmask]

Evidence of Earth’s tectonic history is commonly preserved in the rocks produced at plate boundaries. This session seeks contributions on all aspects of plutonism and volcanism related to modern and ancient convergent boundaries and rifting environments, including insights from tectonics, mineralogy, petrology, isotope geochemistry, and geochronology.

T30. Petrologic Insights on Modern and Ancient Plate Margins II: The Metamorphic Record.
Emily Peterman, Bowdoin College, [log in to unmask]; Howell Bosbyshell, West Chester University; [log in to unmask], Victor Guevara, Skidmore College, [log in to unmask]

Metamorphic rocks provide opportunities to study the mechanisms, timing, and rates of tectonic processes. This session seeks contributions on all aspects of metamorphism related to modern and ancient convergent boundaries and rifting environments, including insights from field and laboratory analysis of natural samples, experimental work, and numerical and geochemical modeling.

People interested in these sessions may also like to attend the NETectonics reception on Sunday March 18th from 5-6 pm (location TBD). This is a non-ticketed event with cash bar. It is an excellent place to network with others interested in tectonics of the northeast and beyond, and to catch up with old friends and collaborators

The deadline for abstracts is December 12, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time. See the Northeast GSA website for full details:http://www.geosociety.org/GSA/Events/Section_Meetings/GSA/Sections/ne/2018mtg/home.aspx