From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Verity
Sent: 13 December 2017 10:51
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Learning volunteers

Hi all,

For the first time I am solely in charge of a small group of volunteers.
I am hoping people with experience of managing learning volunteers could let me know anything that they see as important. All suggestions valid and helpful.
I’m also concerned about training, especially safe guarding and child protection. Do you do in-house training?
I think I need to put some policies and a handbook together, but I’m a bit clueless where to start, so any tips would be great.

Many thanks

Verity Kerins
Learning and Engagement Officer
St Barbe Museum and Art Gallery

Sent from my iPhone
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + GEM list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a holiday) see the list website at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=GEM + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +