Hi Alessio.

- do I need at least 2 graphics cards (one for graphic purposes and the other for computation)?

 if you do not run graphic applications NO.
 Bedpostx_gpu needs a GPU completely free of any graphic task. When you run bedpostx, you should be in command mode (no graphical sessions).
 On a centOS machine it is easy to do it.

- my need is to process single patient dataset, 50 slices, 64 gradients with bedpostX with nfibres=2.. which gpu card could allow me to stay in a computation time of 1 hour? Could a commercial

GeForce GTX 1050 or 1060 hit the score?

You can definitely use a commercial GPU and achieve accelerations of ~150X compared to a single CPU core. So, I think you can compute each dataset in less than 40 minutes. However, I would choose a GPU with better performance for double precision operations. These ones are really good in single precision, and most operations in Bedpostx_gpu are in single precision, but ~10% operations in Bedpostx_gpu are performed in double precision. If you have to choose between these 2, go for the 1060 6GB (twice GFLOPS in double precision compare with 1050).

- My aim is to set a machine like this and use it remotely from my Mac.. it could be a good idea?
I do not see any problem doing this. You can use it as a server.

Moises.