Dear Jan,

I would recommend using the “eddy_restricted_movement_rms” info. If you average the second column it would give you a measure of “short term movement” which would cause variance due to things like slice-to-volume movement and spin history effects. If you average the second column it would give you a measure of “long term movement” which would cause variance due to for example susceptibility-by-movement interaction and “movement within a stationary bias field”. You could then use those two as covariates in your model.

An example of a paper looking at things like this would be Anastasia’s paper (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2013.11.027 )

Jesper