Dear Colleagues,

Thank you to everyone for his or her contributions and cooperation in 2017 &
Happy New Year 2018!

Before 2017 ends, we would like to remind everyone that the deadline for
nominations for

The JESP/ESPAnet doctoral Prize 2017/2018 is January 10th 2018.

(The prize is awarded for papers presented at an ESPAnet conference,
workshop or seminar in 2017).

We encourage you to nominate doctoral students and /or encourage authors to
submit papers they have presented in 2017.

The author(s) must not yet have been awarded a doctorate at the closing date
of January 10th 2018.

The prize-winning paper is provided with high-profile publication in the
Journal of European Social Policy.

The winner also receives 1 year's free subscription to the journal.

The 2016/2017 prizewinner Tijs Laenen said this about winning the
2017-Prize:

"In addition to being an honourable recognition of your hard work,

the JESP/ESPAnet Doctoral Researcher Prize is a great opportunity to take
one of your papers to the next level.

At the ESPAnet conference in Rotterdam, where I presented my paper for the
first time, I was already under the impression that it was well received.

Some of the participant's words of praise even convinced me to submit to the
prize.

The detailed feedback of the anonymous reviewers, however, made me realize
that much work remained to be done,

as they made it clear that there was still ample room for improvement.

Thanks to their stimulating feedback, the paper evolved from a Dutch case
study to a study whose findings and implications stretch far beyond the
Netherlands,

and hopefully inspires future research on the link between welfare
institutions and welfare attitudes in other countries.

To all PhD-students who are in doubt of submitting their paper to the
JESP/ESPAnet prize,

I can only tell: If you want to better your work, do not hesitate to
participate!"