Good morning,

I am forwarding this email on to the Dis-Forum list..

Dear All

I would like to make sure you receive this important information and can circulate it to your colleagues and students. Guidance is downloadable from the SASC website.

SASC has issued new guidance to clarify the position on best practice in the following:

  *   Revised declaration to be used on all reports from 1 January 2018<http://www.sasc.org.uk/NewsItem.aspx?id=58>
     *   To support this the Diagnostic Report ProForma<http://www.sasc.org.uk/SASCDocuments/Diagnostic%20Assessment%20Report%20Proforma%20-revised%20Nov%202017.doc> has been updated and is downloadable from the SASC website.

  *   Conducting tests used in diagnostic assessments.<http://www.sasc.org.uk/SASCDocuments/Conducting%20tests%20Used%20in%20Diagnostic%20Assmts.pdf> Relating to:

     *   A third party conducting tests
     *   Assessors Collaborating in Conducting Assessments
     *   Trainees carrying out assessments.

  *   Trainees writing reports - specific conditions to be met.<http://www.sasc.org.uk/NewsItem.aspx?id=56>

Yours

Lynn

[signature]
Lynn Greenwold, OBE
Chair
[SascLogo1]

SASC, SpLD Assessment Standards Committee
www.sasc.org.uk<http://www.sasc.org.uk/>

Simon Jarvis
Head of Disability and Dyslexia Service
Student and Academic Services