Dear Colleagues,

Bob Garvey, David Gray and I are happy to invite you to consider the following call for papers: The Times and Spaces of Leadership Development: (Un)Designing Learning for Cuadernos de Administracion (a Scopus 3 Journal).

We welcome manuscripts in English, French or Spanish.

The English version of the Call is below and we invite you to visit the online Call for additional information http://revistas.javeriana.edu.co/index.php/cuadernos_admon/

Happy Holiday season!

Pauline Fatien

THE TIMES AND SPACES OF LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: (UN)DESIGNING LEARNING - CUADERNOS DE ADMINISTRACION

Traditional organizational learning settings operate as in-class training sessions where knowledge is transferred from one who “knows” to mostly passive recipients. Such designs portray learning as essentially individual, cognitive and a-contextual.

However, in recent years, the emergence of leadership development through outdoor activities, MOCCS, coaching and mentoring, co-working spaces – to name a few – challenge and expand the boundaries of leadership learning.

In this context where the learning spaces of leadership development are redesigned, this Special issue of the journal aims at depicting and discussing where and how leaders learn today. We encourage the exploration of the following issues:

TIMING IN LEARNING - What is the role of time and timing in leadership development? When do leaders typically learn (new skills, knowledge, or behaviours) or are ready to unlearn (particularly unhelpful behaviours)? Is there a most appropriate time for leaders to learn? How does time play a role in emotional readiness for (un)learning? What kind of learning is needed in times of change or when an individual is undergoing a transition of some kind (for example, moving jobs, coping with promotion, or dealing with a personal crisis)?

THE SPACES OF LEARNING - How have leadership development practices been designed over time? And across national borders? What roles does culture play in designing learning? What is the influence of the context or the learning ‘environment’ on learning, particularly when it crosses international borders?

CROSSING BOUNDARIES IN LEARNING - What are the different spaces where leadership development takes place, from formal to informal, inside and outside of organizations, offline and online? How do leaders learn within and across organizational boundaries? How do these spaces intersect and interact with one another? How does space impact the quality of the learning experience of leaders?

POWER DYNAMICS IN LEARNING SPACES - Can learning spaces be emancipatory or more democratic? How? And how do power dynamics shape learning spaces?

This Special issue is looking for creative, innovative and/or critical papers on the above topics. We are interested in both research-based and thought pieces that stimulate and encourage debate.

We welcome manuscripts in Spanish, English, or French.

Submit your paper to [log in to unmask] before May 31, 2018.

More information on the Journal’s website: http://revistas.javeriana.edu.co/index.php/cuadernos_admon/

Pauline Fatien Diochon, Ph.D.
Pontificia Universidad Javeriana
Landline: +571 3208320 Ext: 3646