Hello Critters,

As part of our campaign, we've launched a writing challenge to imagine London as a National Park City. You may enjoy entering this yourself or, if you are teaching, it could be an interesting challenge to set your students. Either way, it would be great to have some entries from some critical geographers.

-

It is looking likely that by summer 2019, London will become a National Park City. But what next? What will London be like as a National Park City?

We want to hear from you!

Unleash your imagination, and write up to 500 words on London as a National Park City.

How might life in London change? What would it be like to visit? What changes would you be able to see, hear, touch or smell? What would be the impact of these changes on the animals that live in London, the trees that grow in it, and the rivers that run under and through it? How might it reshape national or international politics? What role will technology play in its success? How might it influence our opportunities, friendships, childhoods, homes and communities?

You could write an essay about the whole National Park City concept or just focus on one part. You could write a micro-story, a piece of flash fiction, a poem or a play. It can be factual and set in the present day, or science fiction and set in the distant future. You could write it from your point of view, or that of an oak, fish or a fox. Let your imagination roam free!

Entries are invited from all ages.

Find out more and enter here: http://www.nationalparkcity.london/imagine

-

Do tweet me if you have any questions.