Thanks you very much. It really helped a lot.

best
Sandip

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 4:21 AM, Sjors Scheres <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Sandip,

These are always a bit tricky. After relion_refine and relion_postprocess, the maps get low-pass filtered, so you may not want to use those directly.

1) Use relion_image_handler to a) sum the 2 unfil.mrc half-maps; b) apply a negative B-factor; c) apply a solvent mask

2) As above, without the summation.

Then use relion_image_handler again to calculate FSC curves. The FSC is invariant to sharpening, but if you mask after sharpening, there is a small difference. As at most steps: you may want to avoid using very sharp masks that cut through the reconstructed density. You can generate soft-edged masks with relion_mask_create.

HTH,
Sjors