Hi Graeme and Shijun

eiger2cbf was indeed used for the conversion - so the metadata should be in the CBF headers (unless the H5 files produced do not conform to what eiger2cbf expects). The most recent version of eiger2cbf should be used rather than the one on the Mosflm website!

My guess is that the images are from the Shanghai synchrotron, where they have a 16M. In which case, the beam centre and the direction of rotation should be checked carefully.

Since the images are now in CBF format, even if Shijun wanted to continue processing in another package, I would recommend reading them into iMosflm and

(a) making sure that the displayed beam centre cross corresponds to where the beam position is likely to be

(b) checking that there are plenty of spots displayed (I think the iMosflm display should be able to add the CBFs for display purposes, but I can't remember if this feature made it into the release copy before I left LMB early in 2016)

(c) provided that (a) and (b) are okay, then Shijun should index with

(i) one image at the start of data collection
(ii) one image around 90º away

(iii) check the answer is the same (within experimental error) for (i) and (ii)

then

(iv) index with both the images used in (i) and (ii) together.
(v) check the answer is the same as in (i) and (ii).

Success at (i) and (ii) followed by failure at (iv) and/or (v) is often a good indication that the spindle rotation is opposite to what is expected.

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell
Chairman of European Crystallographic Association SIG9 (Crystallographic Computing)