> It might be more reassuring if ‘many important 20th poets’ had profited from being students of writing

g.o.a.t learns more from their students.

cheers,
Luke

On 24 December 2017 at 17:59, Jamie McKendrick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I think you’re right on both counts, Luke - that things can be taught on these courses and that it’s difficult for the reasons you give and for other complexities to do with individual sympathy for whatever goals as well as adjustment and flexibility of perspective required by both student and teacher. For which reason, I usually prefer teaching literature to CW. It might be more reassuring if ‘many important 20th poets’ had profited from being students of writing rather than having ‘had writing students’?

Sent from my iPad