Dear anybody interested,
might you wish to become a BNIM trainer?
If not, don't bother to read on

if you do, then you might want to consider a plan which myself and Deborah
Rodriguez currently co-tutoring the five-day training sessions with me have
as a possibility.

Our next BNIM five-day training intensive is in April 2018. You will have
received a flyer earlier today about this.

Prue and I are planning to spend the next year, and possibly the next two
years, mostly at our cottage in France. Since it takes two co-tutors to run
the bnim five-day intensive, this might well mean that there will be no
such intensive between April 2018 and  May 2020, when I hope to celebrate
my 80th birthday, Brexit-willing.

*If possible, however, we would like to continue to provide two or 35-day
BNIM trainings during those two years and afterwards. But, for that, we
need another BNIM co-tutor [with access to a domestic or institutional
space where the six trainees +2 co-tutors can work effectively].*

*If you are interested in exploring further the idea of becoming such a
BNIM trainer/cotutor, and if you have already had some experience in using
both BNIM interviewing and BNIM case-interpretation methodology , then we
invite you to consider doing the following:*

   1. *Updating yourself by joining in the April 2018 5-day course as
   currently organised, experiencing the five-day course both as a trainee but
   also as an auto-ethnographer concerned to see how the training works (or
   doesn't?). A sort of trainee-observer. (April 19th - 25th).*
   2. *Staying in London for one day longer (Thursday 26th April) for a
   sustained discussion among actual and would-be co-tutors of key issues
   around the running of BNIM trainings.*

I should stress that there is no special need for future BNIM trainings to
occur in London. They happen to have been in the past, because they could
be held around the table in our kitchen in North London. It would be
probably quite a good idea – though maybe it would slightly discourage
trainees coming from abroad – for it to be held somewhere else. Clearly
this would be subject to agreement between the two co-tutors, as would the
financial arrangements surrounding the gross income per training of
normally  [£825 x6 = just under £5000) minus net expenses].

*So, if the thought becoming a BNIM trainer at all appeals to you, do write
in and let us know of your interest. *

*Best wishes*

*Tom*

P.S. you may be interested in running shorter training courses, shorter
than that of the default five-days. Over the last 20 years, I run courses
ranging from half a day to one day to 2 days on BNIM-interviewing and/or
BNIM case-interpretation. The April 2018 (five-days +1) format could also
be used by people interested in these possibilities.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>