Antislavery Usable Past’s (AUP) personnel met with me in London last month and I received a better understanding of the project. A well-meaning team hopes to do what other human dared but with Research Council funding the project is expected to deliver the outcomes promised. I did not envy the challenge.

But, AUP said they would rewrite the text posted on their website that refers to how ‘Remembering 1807’ could conserve the past and, in so doing, provide researchers with an invaluable guide to wiping out 'modern slavery'. I said it did not seem feasible in the light of human history. My view also was that the ‘Remembering 1807’ website should be separated from AUP's and should stand alone. This is being considered.

I await to hear from AUP on these matters.

Arthur