Dear all,

Borderlines VI: Performing Across the Frontiers of Fear, the sixth annual interdisciplinary conference on performance hosted by De Montfort University's the Drama Research Group and the Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Dance (CIRID), is scheduled to take place on Thursday 21st June 2018.  Moving on from last year’s exploration of falling and performing to considering falling into fear, this year’s conference investigates performance's potential to engage with different modalities of fear, ranging from the visceral to the intellectual to the cultural. We situate fear (as pleasurable and painful) in relation to the anniversaries of change marked by 2018, including: the centenary of the Representation of the People Act and WWI’s armistice; the Empire Windrush’s arrival in the UK on the 22nd of June 1948; the Prague Spring and then les événements de Mai 1968; more recent events, like 2008’s financial crash.  We invite explorations of performances that cross these frontiers. A full call for papers will follow in the new year.

Sous les pavés, la plage!

Warm wishes,
Alissa

Dr Alissa Clarke