A treasure trove of glass plate photographic negatives depicting life in 1930s Londonderry is to be auctioned almost half a century after being salvaged from a house blown up by a bomb.

The hoard, a missing part of the photographic archive of the Derry Standard newspaper, which closed in 1966, was found in 1969 after a blast in an empty house in the Waterside area.

A member of an Army search team found the boxes of glass plates hidden under the floorboards. They went unclaimed, and ended up with the soldier who recovered them.

http://bit.ly/2zJSBvm
http://bit.ly/2zJSBvm+

--
Peterk