Dear Colleagues,

We are writing to ask whether you might be willing to co-sign a letter
addressed to the Croatian Bishop's Conference. In recent times, the Croatian
Bishop's Conference has been employing the phrase "anthropological
foundation of the concept of family" in their announcements about the
ratification of the Istanbul Convention in Croatia. This is deeply
troublesome to us because we feel it implies there is a singular
anthropological foundation to "family", which in light of all the research
undertaken by our discipline, we consider to not be the case. It is because
of this that we have written a letter asking the Croatian Bishop's
Conference (in the letter attached) that in the future, in order to avoid
confusion, they clarify what they mean by anthropology and we would be very
glad if you might join us in signing this letter.

If you would like to, please send your name and affiliation (if appropriate)
to the following email address so we can add you on the list.

For any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours faithfully,

Tomislav Pletenac, PhD, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences,
University of Zagreb,

Sanja Šurin, PhD, Institute of Ethnology and Folklore Research, Zagreb,

Sarah Czerny, PhD, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of
Rijeka.

* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.               *
* To join this list or to look at the archived previous       *
* messages visit:                                             *
* http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/Anthropology-Matters.HTML   *
* If you have ALREADY subscribed: to send a message to all    *
* those currently subscribed to the list,just send mail to:   *
*       Enjoyed the mailing list? Why not join the new        *
*       CONTACTS SECTION @ www.anthropologymatters.com        *
*    an international directory of anthropology researchers
*
* To unsubscribe: please log on to jiscmail.ac.uk, and            *
* go to the 'Subscriber's corner' page.                                  *
*