Dear Ramesh,

some first thoughts about your analysis:
1. By using an initial peak threshold of P<0.001 there survives one large cluster the cluster-level threshold FWE-corrected of P<0.05. Please check the SPM mail list for previous discussions about the use of cluster-level thresholds. In short: the initial peak-level threshold of P<0.001 allows the application of an additional (FWE-corrected) cluster-level threshold.
2. You can give the TFCE toolbox a try that combines peak- and cluster-levels
3. The estimated smoothness of about 18mm is surprisingly large for a Gaussian filtering with FWHM of 10mm. Have you used in the stat. model an absolute threshold of at least 0.1 to ensure that you only analyze gray matter?

Best,

Christian

Christian Gaser, Ph.D.
Professor of Computational Neuroscience/Neuroimaging
Biomagnetic Center
Structural Brain Mapping Group
Department of Neurology
Jena University Hospital
Am Klinikum 1, D-07747 Jena, Germany
Tel: ++49-3641-9325778 Fax: ++49-3641-9325772
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://www.neuro.uni-jena.de