Dear colleagues,

You are warmly invited to attend and share the free event below, as well as the rest of the Being Human Festival of the Humanities programme.

All welcome!

Mererid

***

‘A Child Refugee in London: On W.G. Sebald’s Novel Austerlitz’

The novel Austerlitz (2001) by W.G. Sebald (1945-2001) has been hailed as one of our century’s greatest novels. By turns horrific, tragic and moving, it explores the life of a child who comes to London as a four-year-old Jewish refugee on a 1939 Kindertransport from Nazi-occupied Prague, and what happened to him afterwards.

Join SELCS academics Zoltán Biedermann, Stephanie Bird, Mererid Puw Davies and Mairéad Hanrahan for a free evening of talks, discussion and film exploring different angles of Sebald’s masterpiece, on November 22, 2017, 6-8pm.

The event takes place in the extraordinary Grant Zoological Museum. Amongst other things we will be talking about what drew us to link Austerlitz with the amazing specimens on view at the Museum.

This event is part of ‘Being Human 2017’, a national festival of the Humanities. Register for our event and check out the full programme here:

https://beinghumanfestival.org/event/a-refugee-child-in-london-on-w-g-sebalds-novel-austerlitz/