From the undergraduate organising committee (please pass on to your own undergraduates in the UK and Ireland – and please note the deadline for presenter submissions is the end of next week):

CALL FOR PAPERS

FOURTH CAMBRIDGE UNDERGRADUATE CONFERENCE IN GERMAN STUDIES, 2018

“Protest”

The fourth Cambridge Undergraduate Conference in German Studies will be taking place at Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge, on Saturday 10 February 2018.

All are welcome. Undergraduates of German Studies, or a degree containing an element of German, at universities in the UK and Ireland are invited to apply to present a paper. Mentoring for speakers (on preparing and presenting a paper) is available from postgraduates. Travel expenses and free accommodation are provided for speakers.

This year’s keynote speaker will be confirmed shortly. In previous years, we have welcomed speakers including Dr Hubertus Knabe (Direktor der Gedenkstätte Berlin-Hohenschönhausen) and Dr Leila Mukhida (filmmaker and German cultural studies scholar).

There is a £10 registration fee and, for non-speakers, assistance can be provided in finding accommodation (contact [log in to unmask] ). Online bookings are now open, for presenters and others who would like to attend.

To apply to present a paper: please submit an abstract (150-200 words) for a 15-minute presentation on an aspect of the topic “Protest” here:

https://goo.gl/forms/ZjpvY2sHOsGM6dnG2

Please submit abstracts by Friday 10 November 2017.

We aim to put together as diverse a programme as possible; presentations in German or English are warmly welcomed. In previous years, many speakers have developed topics and themes from year abroad projects and dissertations.

Successful applicants will be informed by Monday 20 November 2017. NB: due to time restraints, some applicants may be offered the chance to present and display a poster.

Contact: [log in to unmask]