Hi there

Nathalie who runs Kent Creative Arts is terrific and really pulls out the stops for artists in Kent - if you are based there (of which I know some of the network contributors are) I would really recommend getting involved.

Best, Andrew

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Kent Creative" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 4 November 2017 08:07:04 GMT
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Networking event for creatives - Celebrating arts and culture in Kent

Can't read or see images?  View this email in a browser

Kent Creative Newsletter

4th November 2017

Kent Creative Connect

Kent Creative Connect - Networking and learning day for creatives

On Friday 8th December in Faversham we are hosting a day longnetworking and learning event for creative professionals and artists.

We'll also be looking at how to realise the full potential of arts and culture in Kent.

The event will offer opportunities to meet with fellow creatives and also tolisten to a number of professionals talking about issues that matters to the creative sector.

You will hear from:

  • Jon Linstrum (Arts Council England) about funding.
  • Mike Buchanan (Head of Ashford School) about arts in education.
  • Crista Cloutier (The Working Artist) about artists' careers.
  • Denise Wilton (The Mylan Focus) about marketing.
  • Sian Murphy and Mark Jennings (Stormchasers Digital) about websites.
  • Rod McIntosh (Practitioning Artist) about his successful art practice.
  • Penelope James (Penelope James PR) about public relations and sponsorship.

The day will also include one-to-ones sessions with some of the speakers and panelists.

BONUSES: Attendees will get a chance to win two of the Working Artist's classes (worth £300) and access toArtMarketDirect the online platform for artists to sell their work.

When: Friday 8th December 2017 from 10:00am to 4:30pm
Where: The Alexander Centre in Faversham
Cost: £15 without buffet lunch; £25 with buffet lunch.

Kent Creatives Survey

Creatives Survey for arts organisations, creative professionals and artist practitioners.

This survey will help us understand how creatives work in the sector. We will analyse the results, share them with other organisations and take action to support and promote your work.
Eventually, it will hep realise the full potential of the creative sector in our county.

The following [partial] profile has emerged already from analysing the responses received so far:

  • When did you start you creative work?: Over 10 years ago
  • Biggest challenge right now: Finances
  • Feel most confident about: Writing about yourself and your work
  • Feel least confident about: Applying for grants and funding
  • Most interested in learning: Selling
  • Do you have another job to subsidise your creative activity: Yes
  • Do you see yourself as running a business: Yes, very much so
  • Biggest source of funding: Income from sales
  • Most respondants are 45-54 year old married British females with children over 18.

Please set aside some time to complete our survey; it will take you between 10 and 20 minutes depending on how much information you want to pass on.

The survey is anonymous. You can 'talk' safely and we are not collecting your details.

  • Individuals / freelancers: go HERE.
  • Organisations: go HERE.

THANK YOU!

Designers and Makers Market

at Turner Contemporary

Designers & Makers Market at Turner Contemporary

25 makers and designers have been selected to exhibit at the Designers and Makers Market, organised by Kent Creative in collaboration with Turner Contemporary on Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd December 2017.

Details on the Kent Creative website.

Kent Creative Awards

in association with Ashford School

Celebrating Arts and Culture in Kent

The date of the ceremony is Friday 27th April.

An annual event, the Kent Creative Awards celebrate the arts and culture in Kent. If you contribute to the artistic and cultural life of the county - as an individual or an organisation - do enter, for a chance to get promotion and recognition.
There are several categories and a simple entry form to fill in and we have a fantastic team of judges (so far...) to look at your work.

Check it all on HERE.

Sign up as a partner of Kent's prestigious celebration of Arts & Culture
Celebrating in Ashford on Friday 27th April 2018

♦ Generate awareness of your company throughout Kent:
. to an estimated number of 6,000 creative professionals in Kent.
. to 400 entrants, judges, audiences, partners
. to 4,000 followers of @kentcreativeart (70,000 impressions a month + 750.000 impressions a week with #kentcreativeawards)
. to 3,000 subscribers to our newsletter. to listeners of our weekly radio programme the Kent Creative Show (250,000 impressions a week with #kentcreativeshow).
. to 150 guests during the ceremonyPromote your company, not only at the Ceremony, but during the promotion cycle, which spans several months.
♦ Add value to your social media presence by engaging with the Awards' audiences
 Capture information for your company database, as we direct contacts to your website.
 Showcase your skills by making presentations at our live events and talking on our radio show♦ Connect with new businesses and develop new contacts
 Associate your organisation to a successful and positive event. 87% of attendees in 2017 rated the event 4 and 5 stars (out of 5)
♦ And more as we customize our offers!

We are committed to creating and maintaining win-win partnerships with businesses.
We offer a number of packages with benefits that allow you to use your sponsorship as apro-active marketing activity, associating your organisation to a positive event.
And sponsorship is tax deductable!

Contact Nathalie Banaigs to talk about opportunities:079 6646 2522 or email studio[at]kentcreativearts.co.uk

The Kent Creative Show

A weekly radio programme on Channel Radio. Each Tuesday at 4pm.
Roaming the fields of creativity in Kent, talking to interesting people engaging with arts and culture in Kent. The show offers honest interviews with great creatives who share their experiences, stories, journeys and creative work.

Coming up on Tuesday 7th November

Talking to Fleur Challis, wedding photographer and Ben Barton, analogue film maker.

Music by Jamie Moore – ‘Chipiona’ from album ‘Sea Change’
Host: Nathalie Banaigs
Recorded at Creek Creative in Faversham.

Listen to the Kent Creative Show Live from HERE
Catch up will all previous shows as podcasts from HERE

A Year in the Life of Faversham 2018

in association with Shepherd Neame Ltd
29th September 2017 - Georgian brick and plaster - By Alexandra Campbell

Be part of a unique photo project in Kent

A community photography project designed to record a year in the life of the town through 365 photographs, one for each day of the year from June 2017 to July 2018.

View some of the pictures so far from HERE and on Facebook.

Enter from HERE and tell your stories too.

Become a partner of  'A Year in the Life of Faversham'
If you run a business in the Faversham area and want to become a partner on Project 365, do get in touch. We offer a range of personalised features for you to engage with the project's audiences.

Contact Nathalie Banaigs to talk about opportunities: 079 6646 2522 or email studio[at]kentcreativearts.co.uk

Raising funds for A Year in the Life of Faversham with Easyfundraising at no costs for you.

Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising a free donation for A Year in the Life of Faversham?

There are nearly 3,000 retailers including Amazon, John Lewis, Aviva, thetrainline and Sainsbury’s, who will donate a percentage of the amount you spend to A Year in the Life of Faversham to say thank you for shopping with them.

It’s really simple, and doesn’t cost you anything.

All you have to do is:
2. Sign up for free
3. Get shopping – your donations will be collected by easyfundraising and automatically sent to A Year in the Life of Faversham

It couldn’t be easier!

There are no catches or hidden charges and everyone involved] will be really grateful for your donations.

Thank you for your support.

Kent Creative Connect

Meet-ups for creatives and artists, to chat, share ideas and feedback, get support and initiate friendships and collaborations.
They currently take place in:
Chatham - Contact Genevieve Tullberg, Nucleus Arts Centre
Faversham- Contact Julie Davies, Julie Davies Flower Workshops
Folkestone- Contact Bev Saunders, Edge Bespoke Picture Framing
The next meet-ups
Tuesday 7th November 2017 - FAVERSHAM
From 9:30am to 12:30
The Phoenix Tavern, Abbey Street, Faversham, Kent , ME13 7BH
Friday 17th November 2017 - FOLKESTONE
From 10:15am to 12:15
The Pullman Pub, 9 Church St, Folkestone CT20 1SE
Tuesday 5th December 2017 - MEDWAY
From 10:30am to 12:30
Nucleus Arts, 272 High St, Chatham ME4 4BP
Check all coming meet-ups HERE.

This email was sent by [log in to unmask] to [log in to unmask]
Not interested? Unsubscribe | Update profile | Impressed? Tell-A-Friend
Kent Creative | Faversham, Kent, UK

ANDREW STUCK
Walking Creative (TM)
Founding Director of the
Museum of Walking
0772 5555460

Producer - Talking Walking

The Museum of Walking is a trading name of Rethinking Cities Ltd., registered in the UK number 5801458.
@RethinkCities