Dear all,

I have some questions regarding longitudinal VBM procedures in SPM12.

I have longitudinal brain structure data with two-time points each. I would
like to explore whether changes in grey matter between the two-time points
are associated with cognitive training.

I have followed the longitudinal registration steps outlined in the SPM12
Manual for pairwise longitudinal registration: entering time 1 and time 2
volumes, a vector of time difference values in weeks, leaving the defaults
for noise estimates, warping regularisation, bias regularisation, and
saving mid-point average,Jacobian differences, divergence rates, and
deformation fields.

Based on the discussions on the SPM mail list, my longitudinal VBM plan is
as follows:

1) Segment the avg_*.nii images (from the pairwise longitudinal registration

2) Run Dartel on the rc1 and rc2 images (from segmenting the average images

3) Normalise (through SPM -> Tools -> Dartel tools -> Normalise to MNI
space)

a.     Use the 6th (last) iteration template produced by the Dartel step
(Template_6.nii)

b.     Choose “many subjects”

                           1.     In “Flow Fields” use the u_rc1 images
(from Dartel on average image segmentation)

                           2.     In “Images” use c1.*jd images (computed
using ImCalc)

* I have the following questions:*

*I have problems with  ImCalc.  I am not sure  on how to actually calculate
the c1.*jd images using that toolbox.*

a)      Are the “Input Images” the c1 images (from segmenting the average
image)?

b)      How are the Jacobian determinants included – are they entered as an
“Additional Variable” (and if so, what values do I enter)?

*c)      And is the computation c1.*jd entered as the “Expression”?*

All your suggestions will be very appreciated!

Natalia