Dear all,

 we are happy to announce that (since yesterday, in fact) JOSS 7(2): Spatial Cultures is live!

The second issue of JOSS Volume 7 continues the focused investigation into socio-cultural relations to space in focus already in the previous issue, extending the theme to span the full volume. And, I am glad to say, it continues to span scales between cities and buildings, between everyday and high culture, between specifically syntax research and a wider set of methods and theories, and—not least—new and returning authors to the journal. This issue, together with its predecessor, addresses questions that in different ways understand and define the concept of ‘spatial cultures’.

Journal of Space Syntax 7(2) Contents

Volume Theme: Spatial Cultures

Urban Fissures
by Frederico Holanda

Staging the Intermission
by Hannes Frykholm

(Re)con guring Crusoe’s habitation: an application of space syntax theory to Robinson Crusoe
by Simon Demetriou

The spatial and social patterns of an urban interior - the Architecture of SAANA
by Marcela Aragüez and Sophia Psarra

Introducing: JOSS Extended

On the pedagogical function of the city: a morphology of adolescence in Athens, 1967-1973
by John Peponis

Please find the latest issue of Journal of Space Syntax here:

http://joss.bartlett.ucl.ac.uk/journal/index.php/joss/issue/view/Vol.%207%20%282%29/showToc

We look forward to returning soon with the Call for 8(2)!

Best wishes
Daniel Koch
For the editorial team

Daniel Koch
KTH School of Architecture
+46 8 790 60 25

Editor, Journal of Space Syntax

Architecture in the Making
Vice Director

Architectural Morphology

7th International Space Syntax Symposium