Just going off on a side branch here, and wondering if the role of the tree - supporting all these learners - is being rather overlooked?
Have a good evening!

Jan

On 23 Nov 2017, at 19:20, Chris Rust <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I totally agree that if this is an engineering course collaboration to design something to enable them all to get to the top of the tree might be a perfectly valid outcome and make an authentic assessment. But I’m sticking to my basic point that this apparent joke has misleading implications and if ability to climb a tree is the outcome, it’s a perfectly valid assessment!
Chris

Sent from my iPhone