Linguist: 'While two negatives can make a positive, two positives NEVER make a negative'

Sceptical Student: 'Yeah, right'

Best,

Timos ​

From: Online forum for SEDA, the Staff & Educational Development Association <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Lea, John ([log in to unmask]) <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 23 November 2017 17:14
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Academic Jokes for Development Event

Love that cartoon Ian. And on typos, I think my phone ‘corrected’ black student to back student in my previous post! Now there’s another thread - on embarrassing predictive text messages sent in error to colleagues or students.

One more joke from me:

Linguistic pedant goes into the local butchers and asks for some sausage meat. The butcher replies with: Sorry mate, I ain’t got no sausage meat. The pedant replies with: Thank you, could you wrap it for me?

Best

John

John Lea

Sent from my iPhone