Dear PSA women and Pol member

Have you had an effect on the numbers of women in politics, on women's political participation? Has your researched changed political debate about women's descriptive representation? Have you contributed to changes by political actors? Iif so, and if you WEREN'T a REF 2014 Impact case study, I would love to hear from you! (I have the REF case studies).

I'm co-authoring a paper that looks at how women academics impact women's political recruitment in the UK. If your research addresses this (local govt, national, regional institutions, parties, media and politics) and you have changed public discourse, party ideas or behaviour, influenced government or local government) I would really like to hear from you.

If you could give a brief summary of your research - not more than a small paragraph

and indicate examples of impact with a few sentences of illustration that would be great.

no more than a page is needed!

And if you had a draft REF case study, I'll gladly accept that instead.

I really do want to make sure that over and above the REF case studies, I can capture PSA women and politics folks who have made a difference to women in politics in the UK, but were not included as a REF case study.

You'll all receive thanks in a footnote - not much I realise, but....

many thanks for your time, and looking forward to hearing back from you

Sarah

Sarah Childs is from 1st Sept

Professor of Politics and Gender

Birkbeck, University of London

07950933371

Latest Publication: The Good Parliament Report 2016

Latest blog: https://www.psa.ac.uk/insight-plus/blog/let’s-put-champagne-ice-commons’-missing-women

Winner of the 2017 University of Bristol, SU Staff Member of the Year

Dr Jennifer Thomson

Lecturer in Comparative Politics

Department of Politics, Languages and International Studies

University of Bath

@jencthomson | [log in to unmask] | (+44)1225 385912