From: The Natural Science Collections Association discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Matt Williams
Sent: 28 November 2017 4:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Parry botanical specimens

Dear all,

Those of you with responsibility for botanicals specimens, does your collection contain specimens collected during William Edward Parry’s arctic exploration voyages in the 1820s?

We have a herbaria of 50 specimens collected on the second (1823) and third (1824-25) of Parry’s voyages in search of the north-west passage, but we have limited collecting data with them and are not sure who the collector was. We have some associated initials, but they do not tally with anyone on the crew manifests. It would be great to know what other material is out there from the voyages and if there is data that could help us better document this small collection.

Best wishes,

Matt Williams (BRLSI)

Matt_email_signature

Matt Williams (MSc, AMA)

Collections Manager, BRLSI

Visiting Fellow at University of Bristol

https://uk.linkedin.com/pub/matt-williams/41/95a/957

The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh is a charity registered in Scotland (No SC007983)