Dear all, It is with great delight that we announce our two keynote speakers for Scientiae 2018, May 16-19, Minnesota: Surekha Davies and Vladimir Urbanek. Surekha Davies is a cultural historian at Western Connecticut State University. Her work explores the intersection between art and science in the early modern world. She specializes in cultural encounters (particularly in the Americas and increasingly in the Pacific), European empires, visual and material culture (particularly cartography and ethnography), and environmental thought. Her recent book, Renaissance Ethnography and the Invention of the Human: New Worlds, Maps and Monsters (CUP 2016), won the 2016 Morris D. Forkosch Prize for the best first book in intellectual history and the 2017 Roland H. Bainton Book Prize in History, Sixteenth Century Society & Conference. Vladimir Urbanek is the head of the Department of Comenius Studies and Early Modern Intellectual History at the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic. His work and interests include 17th-century intellectual history, learned communication in early modern Europe, eschatological and millenarian thought, and the life and work of J. A. Comenius. He is currently the leader of the Czech team in the COST Action Project IS1310 Reassembling the Republic of Letters, 1500-1800: A digital framework for multi-lateral collaboration on Europe's intellectual history, 2014-2018, and co-investigator of the centre of excellence project 14-37038G GA ČR Between Renaissance and Baroque: Philosophy and Knowledge in the Czech Lands within the Wider European Context, 2014-2018. Just a gentle nod that the deadline for Scientiae 2018 is 25 November and thus drawing near! We are looking forward to receive your proposals. Please find the full Call for Papers here: http://scientiae.co.uk/call-for-papers-minnesota-2018/ All the best, Cornelis J. (Kees-Jan) Schilt Scientiae Communications Officer