A question:

Bordeaux, Bibl. munic., MS 21, contains a number of marginal commentaries similar to the ones often called the "Glossa ordinaria" that emerged from northern France in the early twelfth century.

The first text, the book of Joshua, begins (after Jerome's prologue on Joshua) with a series of extracts from Origen's In Iesu Nave Homiliae XXVI, translated by Rufinus in 400 (ed. Baerens, GCS 30). Some of the extracts are marked by the source of the extract: in the extracts that precede the actual book of Joshua with its marginal commentary, the author is identified as "Adam." (on fol. 6r this is given as "Adamancius"). But all the extracts marked by "Adam" are from Origen, as is the one marked "Adamancius."

This leads me to a question: are there extant manuscripts containing Rufinus's translation of Origen's Homilae in Iesu that identify (in the opening rubric, table of contents, colophon) the author as "Adamancius" or "Adamantius"?

I am aware of the him as the probable author of the dispute De fide orthodoxa (see Quasten et al., Patrology, 4: 250), also known as De recta in Deum fide (see Cross et all, Dict. of the Christian Church [2012], p. 16), and of the confusion with Origen (by way of Basil the Great and Gregory of Nazianzen and the Philocalia chp. 24) but not as the author of any commentaries, nor of any commentaries or homilies on Biblical books ascribed to him instead of to Origen.

I will keep looking, but perhaps someone already has this information.

Thanks.

Bill Schipper