*** This email has been sent from the MEDIA ARTS AND DANCE email forum. To respond to all subscribers email [log in to unmask] ***

Call for Visiting Assistant Arts Professor in Music for Dance at @NYUTischDance ap deadline Dec 1

https://tisch.nyu.edu/dance/FacultyPositions2

OPEN FACULTY POSITION
VISITING ASSISTANT ARTS PROFESSOR
The Dance Department of New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts invites applications for a full-time Visiting Assistant Arts Professor position in Music for Dance to begin in Fall, 2018. This is a multiyear, non-tenure track appointment, renewable based on performance.

Primary teaching responsibilities will include BFA and MFA courses on basic musicianship for dancers, music appreciation in relationship to dance, and music history. Additional responsibilities may include: departmental, school and university service, student advising, dance concert mentoring and supervision, and other administrative responsibilities as designated by the Department’s leadership.

The candidate should demonstrate significant previous teaching experience and internationally recognized achievement in music composition and performance, particularly relating to the field of dance. Previous work in a performing arts department on the university level is a plus.

We seek a creative individual who is committed to developing relationships with the professional field locally, nationally and internationally. Faculty and students value an interdisciplinary perspective, and an active interest in creative and scholarly investigations of music and dance. We encourage applicants who will add a significant artistic voice to our curriculum and faculty, and foster a broad, relevant perspective on music appreciation and dance musicianship, including world music/dance traditions.