From: Lynette Hunter [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2017 3:08 PM
To: Lizzie Thynne
Subject: Re: PARIP

Hi Lizzie, thank you. I've rearranged as suggested below I can't fix the 'spacing' though so perhaps people will go to the link, warmly, Lynette

 ********
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
The 2nd annual ICAS conference January 19 - 21, 2018
San Francisco, California

Conference theme: Beyond Justification
Main Link: http://internationalcommunityofartistscholars.com<http://internationalcommunityofartistscholars.com/>

The International Community of Artist Scholars is an innovative, experimental, and playful platform for artists and scholars who inhabit the space in-between scholarship and artistic practice. ICAS speaks to the presence of many artist-researchers whose work does not fit squarely into the classifications of “art” or “research.” As ICAS conference participants discovered at the first conference there are many different methods of doing art/research and most of us will face the (perceived or actual) need to justify our methodologies or practices in a professional context.What happens if you enter a space in which you do not have to justify your methodology? The 2nd ICAS conference invites you to present your work in an environment which allows you to move “beyond justification.”

Please send a conference proposal to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by November 23rd, 2017.

We welcome workshop-, paper-, performance-, and alternative presentation proposals. The proposal packet should include: a 500-word proposal, a link to your website/homepage or a sample of recent research, a 200-word biography, a statement explaining why you are interested

in taking part in the second meeting of the International Community of Artist-Scholars (ICAS) and a CV. Additionally, you are more than welcome to express your interest by adding sound files, links to a short film or images of your work etc.

We are thrilled to announce that the conference (01/19 – 01/21/2018) will be partially funded

by CIIS (California Institute of Integral Studies). Accommodation in San Francisco will be provided, conference space by the Center for Integral Studies. Participants will only have to cover a conference participation fee of $150, which will cover food and material costs to be paid in full by 12/20/2017, participants have to cover their own travel expenses.

Due to the nature of the conference, placing heavy emphasis on community building processes, participation for our second conference remains extremely limited. Participants will receive information about their acceptance in early December 2017.

http://internationalcommunityofartistscholars.com<http://internationalcommunityofartistscholars.com/>

--
Dr Lynette Hunter
Distinguished Professor, History of Rhetoric and Performance