Hi Sian

In terms of existing contracts - Under GDPR, it would be very sensible indeed to re-issue contracts with these providers to ensure that as data controllers, you demonstrate that you have taken your increased responsibilities under GDPR seriously. They in turn, will need to demonstrate that as data processors of your personal and/or sensitive data they too step up and demonstrate that they are fit to process your data,
and moreover contractually oblige to you that they are. If they are reputable, they will be keen to show you that they are serious about GDPR and they should not complain. I would expect only those that don't take their GDPR responsibilities seriously will complain and then you should seriously reconsider if you want them to process your personal data. As a data controller, you will be responsible for a SAR, but again they need to demonstrate that if they are
Processing your personal data, they will assist you to deal with the SAR - whether it is rectifying mistakes, erasure etc.

I hope that helps a little

My best

Naomi

Naomi Korn

Managing Director
Naomi Korn Copyright Consultancy Ltd -  Private Limited Company: 7804095

Trustee: CILIP (Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals)

Mobile: 079 57761032
Skype: naomi.korn
Twitter: @nkorn

www.naomikorn.com