Hello Samantha,

it's a long time ago, & there may be better options  available but we essentially did it one by one, (borrowing staff from other areas)  over the summer - that is,  staff created reading lists for Sem 1,  where we knew we had dig content,  & thought would be running, & we placed the request & uploaded the files . It helped  us get to know how the system worked, without creating multiple request  called 'test' .   (I wish there was a way in DC that you could flag a request as 'test').

We  then stopped , & began to only process requests where we knew courses were running.  (Emails etc).

These days we have slightly better information as to what courses are running, so  we could be  a bit more selective if doing it again. If you have a   'no renewal without confirmation from the lecturer' policy, your uploads will be tidier.  Also, if  you release the 'Request Digitisation' attribute early, which we didn't,   you may find that that helps where reading lists have changed more than you think  ?

Hope this helps,

Kirsty

Kirsty Beveridge

Assistant Librarian

Library Digitisation Service

Research & Resources

University of Dundee Library & Learning Centre

Tel: 01382 385384