Dear all -

We have a post available at the University of Kent, please pass this on to anyone who might be interested.

IT Operations Officer (Linux) : http://bit.ly/2AfZJUq  -

IT Operations are responsible for the day to day running of over 500 servers and 800 network devices. Working in a large IT environment offering a diverse set of services, we seek a dynamic individual who can take responsibility for our Linux systems to ensure the smooth service delivery to our customers.

As a Linux Systems Administrator you will:

      Manage the day to day running of physical and virtual Linux servers

      Troubleshoot problems and manage system outages keeping downtime to a minimum

      Perform regular maintenance tasks, such as patching

      Work to improve monitoring, logging and alerting systems

      Support IT development teams with input into active project work

 To succeed in this role you will:

      Have excellent Linux system administration skills with knowledge of core applications and scripting languages

      Be able to prioritise work depending on the current business requirements of the University

      Have good communications skills with the ability to collaborate with colleagues across IT teams

      Have a strong customer focus, ensuring customers receive the highest quality support

      Knowledge in other IT areas, such as Windows Server, Networking, Storage and VMWare will be a distinct advantage

Training and support will be available to help the new role holders to achieve great things.

Many thanks,

Bonnie

Bonnie Ferguson | Head of Systems
IT Development, Information Services, University of Kent
Room S12, Cornwallis South
Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1227 823269

www.kent.ac.uk/is/who/it-development/

To unsubscribe from the LIS-TALIS-ASPIRE list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-TALIS-ASPIRE&A=1