Hello,

Does anyone out there use a title-by-title PDA/DDA model for purchasing their reading list content? This is where you can purchase individual titles, but they get added to a DDA scheme, instead of being purchased at that point. The title is then only purchased outright at the trigger point.

My understanding is that only ProQuest and Askews+Holts offer this as an option at present.

I'm in the process of gathering some fresh COUNTER data related to eBook purchases over the last 12 months. But a previous analysis about 15 months ago showed that about 10% of eBooks we'd ordered had little or no traffic, particularly for Background titles for departments that tend to have very long reading lists.

If we can use this model to direct funds elsewhere, to high demand titles, then I'm keen to explore it. I'd be interested to hear from people who are using it, particularly how you manage the budget with it.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin O’Donovan
LSE Library Acquisitions Manager