Dear All,

This seemed straightforward, until I tried it.    So maybe it isn’t, or maybe it is just me…

I had already done a Medline search and sent results.

My research team colleagues would now like an Embase search, but they don’t want to see anything they already saw in the Medline list.

I know in Embase you can  limit to Medline records or to Embase records, but the numbers of results don’t look right to me.  I’d expect more Medline records.

I have tried various things with de-duplicating in RefWorks but again the numbers left don’t look right (and I am sure I am left with things that are unique in Medline, not in Embase).

Has anyone had to do this?   And if so, how did you?

Legacy RefWorks, HDAS databases.   Have not tried Ovid but could do.

Thanks!

Keith

Keith Nockels

Clinical Librarian
Cancer, Cardiology, Genetics, Haematology, Renal, Urology, Vascular

Odames Library
Level 1, Victoria Building
Leicester Royal Infirmary
Infirmary Square
Leicester LE1 5WW

0116 258 5558

(Working hours: Wed – Fri 0845 - 1645)

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and / or privileged information and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) printed above. If you are not the addressee(s), any unauthorised review, disclosure, reproduction, other dissemination or use of this e-mail, or taking of any action in reliance upon the information contained herein, is strictly prohibited. If this e-mail has been sent to you in error, please return to the sender. No guarantee can be given that the contents of this email are virus free - The University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust cannot be held responsible for any failure by the recipient(s) to test for viruses before opening any attachments. The information contained in this e-mail may be the subject of public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 - unless legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed. Copyright in this email and any attachments created by us remains vested in the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust.