Hello all,

Due to the retirement of Dave Little, we have a vacancy for a full-time permanent Band 7 Library Services Manager, here in lovely Shropshire.

More details on NHS Jobs at https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/?vac_ref=914836514

We are looking for a Library Services Manager to make their mark on our knowledge and information services following the retirement of the current post holder.

If you have a proven track record and can demonstrate a focus on the needs of our service users, then this could be a great opportunity for you at an exciting time in the transformation of services to our patients. There are many reasons to want to lead this already highly-regarded team, including The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital's partnership with The Virginia Mason Institute, the significant developments in our hospital and community services and the library's role in supporting excellent evidence-based patient care.

Our Libraries are based on two sites at The Princess Royal and The Royal Shrewsbury Hospitals, but we also have the strategic and operational management of the library services provided to our University and NHS partners and SLAs with our local healthcare partners. We work particularly closely with our academic partners (Keele and Staffordshire Universities) to the extent that we even have a shared building and library service with our excellent combined team of Chartered Librarians and support staff.

To be successful in your application, you will need to be a graduate level library professional who can demonstrate significant staff and change management experience. The role requires strategic vision, excellent people leadership and communication skills and the ability to provide a high quality, proactive service, capable of meeting the requirements of the Trust and its partners and the challenges of the rapidly changing NHS information environment.

Interviews will be held in Shrewsbury on 1st December 2017.

For further details / informal visits contact:
Mary Beales 01743 261264

Kind regards,

Jason.

Jason Curtis BSc(Hons) PGDipIM MCLIP
Librarian
Shrewsbury Health Library
Learning Centre
Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
Tel: 01743 492511
Web: http://library.sath.nhs.uk<http://library.sath.nhs.uk/>
From 3rd April the staffed times for both libraries will 08.30 - 17.00 Monday to Friday.
To stay in the library after 5pm you will need to be registered for 24/7 access.
Ask library staff for more information.
This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it. Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.