Dear Lis[t]-mappers (copied to Alexandra Franklin),

Without wishing to inform more than I should . . .

After he and I attended this year’s Ephemera Society’s AGM, Professor Michael Twyman (Reading University, Ian Mumford’s PhD supervisor on lithography applied to cartography until ca mid-19th century) requested that I suggest to him some names for this regular/annual PHS ‘interaction’ (‘Workshop’).

Professor Caroline Archer is now expecting at least two ‘big names’ to lead it: Dr Peter Chasseaud, Dr Andrew Cook, and a fine-quality (e.g. of the ‘limited edition’ world) practical press-printer (Charles Newington) – all three known to me.

The venue will be St Bride Foundation (includes the famous Printing [History] Library): www.sbf.org.uk

Fuller information, from her ‘sign-off’, on the organiser:

Professor Caroline Archer-Parré

Centre for Printing History & Culture
Faculty of Art, Design and Media, Birmingham City University

Parkside Building, 5 Cardigan Street, Birmingham B4 7BD

www.typographichub.org

Co-Director, Centre for Printing History & Culture
Chairman, Baskerville Society
Honorary Senior Research Fellow, University of Birmingham

Francis Herbert (Eph. Soc. member; etc.)