I'm  working with a learned society that is looking for a more integrated
software solution for its rich library, archive and museum collections. I'd
love to hear from anyone with real life experience of combining these
elements into something like a coherent whole....in particular  in terms
of:-

.         Unified discovery across the record formats used by
libraries/archives/museums -e.g. MARC/ISAD(G)-EAD/Spectrum. For example I
have seen a small number of organisations that have managed to combine the
display of bibliographic data (based on MARC) with hierarchical archive data
(based on ISAD(G). I'd welcome any experience you are prepared to share

.         A shared thesaurus/controlled vocabulary (MARC authority control
is insufficient) across the three main collection types
(library/archive/museum).

.         Linked data type solutions to expose these (typically unique)
materials on the web. (E.g. I've noted the Atlas Systems and Zepheira
partnership announced last year)

My sense at the moment that the resource/collection management functions
will be much harder to integrate into a single solution-although there is
some similarity between archives and museums (e.g. location management,
conservation management, digitisation etc)

All comments gratefully received!

Ken

Ken Chad Consulting Ltd  <http://www.kenchadconsuting.com/>
http://www.kenchadconsulting.com Tel: +44(0)7788727845