From: An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information Community [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Thomas, Tamsin
Sent: 10 November 2017 16:38
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [lis-e-resources] Unexplained timeouts

Dear All,

We have been experiencing intermittent unexplained timeouts when using Ebscohost and Ovidonline for some time now.  Today Scopus was also affected.  The timeouts don’t reflect the timeout settings we have agreed with the databases providers.  Today one of our subject librarians experienced being timed out 5 times in one teaching session.  It also happened to some students in the session but not all.  Has anyone else had similar experiences?

We use WAM proxy software from Innovative Interfaces but I would be interested to know if others have experienced this with WAM or any other authentication method?  Also, if they have experienced any unexplained timeout when accessing Ebscohost or Ovidonline?

Many thanks,

Tamsin

Tamsin Thomas

Electronic Access Co-ordinator, Library Services

City, University of London

Northampton Square

London EC1V 0HB

T: +44 (0)20 7040 5652

www.city.ac.uk

../Dropbox/Design%20Team%20Folder/Projects/Email/Footer/CUG%202017%20footer%20JA1b3.jpg

Have you received outstanding service today? Make a WOW! Award nomination at www.city.ac.uk/wow

lis-e-resources is a UKSG list - http://www.uksg.org UKSG groups also available on Facebook and LinkedIn Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/UKSG