Cara Maddalena,
mi ha fatto davvero piacere rivederti. Ti allego qui sotto il testo della call di cui ti ho parlato, nel caso in cui tu fossi interessata a parlare. Conta che né io né Silvia interverremo al convegno.
Ne approfitto per chiederti una cosa. Ma Emanuela, che aveva venerdì? E' stata un po' scortese, ma non capisco se è dipeso da qualcosa che ho fatto io e se fosse incazzata per i suoi.
Ti abbraccio,Paolo

      Da: Emanuela Patti (Department of Modern Languages) <[log in to unmask]>
 A: [log in to unmask]
 Inviato: Venerdì 3 Novembre 2017 11:51
 Oggetto: [I-S] Cinema, Theatre And Subalternity, PARIS, SORBONNE, 9 February

italian-studies: Scholarly discussions in any field of Italian studies Apologies for cross-posting
Dear colleagues,
please find below the details of an interdisciplinary study day organised by the Équipe Littérature et Culture Italiennes de l'Université Paris Sorbonne.
CINEMA, THEATRE AND SUBALTERNITY9 February 2018

This study day will aim at investigating the relationship between theatre, cinema and subalternity inrecent Italian productions through themes such as immigration, the representation of space and genderdynamics. The purpose is to examine, within the theatrical and cinematic languages, the expressiveforms that manage to give space to the voices and bodies of social groups that have been unable – forhistorical and political reasons – to express a vision of the world separate from that of the rulingclasses. The notion of subalternity which constitutes the starting point of this study day goes back to thethe writings of Antonio Gramsci. This concept has then found an echo in various disciplinary fieldssuch as anthropology, literature studies and political science, before becoming a central element ofpostcolonial and subaltern studies. The proposals that will manage to elaborate a theoretical reflexionon this topic, and/or a case study will be particularly welcome. Moreover, the committee will accept theproposals articulating contemporary works with the older Italian tradition such as the ItalianNeorealism of Rossellini, Visconti or Eduardo De Filippo.
Main themesThe candidates should articulate the Italian cinematic and theatrical productions with one of thefollowing themes:• City/margins,• Gender issues in cinematic and theatrical representation of subalternity,• Immigration/emigration,• Linguistic forms : dialect/linguistic variety,• Neorealism and its influence,• Stereotypes and clichés within representation of subalternity.We invite junior scholars and postgraduates to send their abstract (300 words, including title, keywordsand bio-bibliography maximum) by Monday 4thDecember 2017 at the following email address:[log in to unmask]
The proposals will be examined by the members of the scientific commitee (Nicola Brada, Aida Čopra, Silvia De Min, Paolo Designs, Silvia Luca) by the end of December2017.
The participants will have 20 minutes for the presentation of their communications. Communicationsin French, Italian and English will be accepted
Dr Emanuela Patti Senior Research Fellow for the AHRC-funded projectInterdisciplinary Italy 1900-2020: interart/intermediahttp://www.interdisciplinaryitaly.orgPlease note that my postal address is the following:Room 124, Department of Modern Languages, Literatures and CulturesRoyal Holloway, University of LondonEgham Hill, Egham TW20 0EX
Recent Blog Post: 'Can We Talk of "Digital Cultural Histories"'?, Language Acts and Worldmaking, https://languageacts.org/blog/digital-cultures-and-modern-languages-can-we-talk-digital-cultural-histories/Latest publication: (with Giuliana Pieri), 'Technological Poetry: Interconnections BetweenImpegno, Media and Gender in Gruppo 70 (1963-1968)', Italian Studies, Volume 72, Issue 3 (2017), 323-337.[http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/wsTJvFHFAhA3XV66wqEy/full]
**********************************************************************To join the list, send the message: subscribe italian-studies YOUR NAMEto: [log in to unmask] send a message to the list, address it to:[log in to unmask] leave the list, send the message: unsubscribe italian-studiesto: [log in to unmask] order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to:[log in to unmask] further information, visit our web site:http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/italian-studies