PhD Studentships in Italian Studies at the University of Glasgow for entry in 2018

The School of Modern Languages and Cultures at the University of Glasgow is pleased to invite applications for PhD studentships, through its involvement in the AHRC Doctoral Training Partnership Scotland.

We welcome particularly research proposals that relate to our research strengths in the following areas:

*         Contemporary Italian fiction, its translation and reception

*         Emotions and the History of Modern Italy

*         Feminism and Translation

*         Italian Neo-Avant-garde

*         Literature and translation (multilingual fiction, self translation, theatre translation)

*         Literature, visual art and theatre in 19th-20th century Europe

*         Modern Italian literature and culture

*         Modern Italian Poetry

*         Women and Modern Italy (history, fiction and journalism)

Studentships are available to applicants living in the UK (please note that residency requirements apply) and the European Union (fees only). Applications for interdisciplinary projects are also very welcome. For full details, please visit http://www.sgsah.ac.uk/dtp/howtoapply/#/

In addition, the College of Arts will offer a number of scholarships for PhD study in 2018. These scholarships are open to UK/EU and International applicants.

We are very happy to work with potential applicants on developing their proposals. Interested candidates should contact in the first instance our School PG Tutor, Dr Henriette Partzsch: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

The deadline for submitting all scholarship applications is Thursday, 15 December 2016. To be considered for an award, candidates must have applied to study at the University of Glasgow and have provided two academic references through the university's application system.

Further details can be found at http://www.gla.ac.uk/colleges/arts/graduateschool/fundingopportunities/

[University of Glasgow: The Times Scottish University of the Year 2018]